Amazon.de, the German arm of the retail giant, has provided fans the first glimpse of the packaging for HBO’s boxset of the first season of Game of Thrones, which will be available in the U.S. on March 20th in both DVD and Blu-ray editions.
It’s certainly a pretty handsome box-set, and it looks to be quite feature-filled. The best part is that the bonus features can be seen, and suffice it to say, there’s plenty. Here’s a run-down:
Exclusive Blu-Ray features
- Blu-Ray Complete Guide to Westeros: An interactive compendium of the noble houses and lands featured in Season One, PLUS 24 exclusive histories of the Seven Kingdoms as told by the characters themselves.
- Anatomy of an Episode: An in-episode experience that explores the creative minds and colossal efforts behind episode six, “A Golden Crown”.
- In-Episode Guide: In-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations, and relevant histories while each episode plays.
- Hidden Dragon Eggs: Find the hidden dragon eggs to uncover even more never-before-seen content.
- Making Game of Thrones: An exclusive 30-minute feature including never-before-seen footage from the set and interview from the cast and crew.
- Creating the Show Open: An inside look at the creation of the Emmy-winning opening title sequence for Game of Thrones
- From the Book to the Screen: Executive producers David Benioff & D.B. Weiss, and author George R.R. Martin talk about the challenge of bringing Martin’s epic fantasy novel to life on HBO.
- Character Profiles: Profiles of 15 major characters as described by the actors portraying them.
- The Night’s Watch: An in-depth look at the unique order of men who patrol and protect the Wall, a 700-foot ice structure that separates the Seven Kingdoms from the darkness beyond.
- Creating the Dothraki Language: An insightful glance into the comprehensive language created for the Dothraki people in Game of Thrones.
- Audio Commentaries: Seven audio commentaries with Cast and Crew including David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, George R.R. Martin, Emilia Clarke, Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington, and more.
A great collection. The most exciting items? The audio commentaries… and, we’d have to say, the Blu-Ray’s Complete Guide to Westeros and the promise that twenty-four “histories” will be presented by characters. That sounds potentially brilliant.
Thanks to Winter is Coming for bringing this to our attention.
Posted at 11:05 CET by Elio