James Hibberd over at EW has a nice scoop on some of the new characters that will be introduced in season 3. Some of these we’ve reported about already—Lady Catelyn’s brother Ser Edmure and her uncle Ser Brynden, called the Blackfish, as well as the sellsword Daario Naharis—and others are quite new. You’ll have to check out EW for the whole list, but here’s a couple more fans should be very happy to hear about:
– Jojen Reed; Meera Reed: A teenage brother and sister duo with special insights.
– Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns): Margaery Tyrell’s sharp-witted grandmother.
– Beric Dondarrion: A skilled knight who is the leader of the outlaw group Brotherhood Without Banners.
– Thoros of Myr: A red priest who follows the same religion as Melisandre.
– Tormund Giantsbane: A Wildling raider.
This is not an exhaustive list, as James notes, but rather a sampling of some of the key characters in play for this season. Little birds have told us that Ramsay Snow, Lord Bolton’s bastard, is also being cast, and a leaked audition revealed that the sellsword Vargo Hoat was also casting. We’ve ever heard whispers of some other characters in the East that Daenerys shall be meeting, besides Daario Naharis.