The 2011 Emmy nominations are out, and Game of Thrones was well-represented with nominations in 13 categories, including getting a hold of the much-coveted Best Drama nomination, plus nominations for executive producers and lead writers David Benioff and Dan Weiss, for director Timothy van Patten, and for actor Peter Dinklage. Congratulations to everyone nominated! You’ll find the full list below.
- Best Drama Series: Game of Thrones
- Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister
- Writing in a Drama Series: David Benioff and Dan Weiss for “Baelor”
- Direction in a Single-Camera Series: Timothy van Patten for “Winter is Coming”
- Casting in a Drama Series: Nina Gold and Robert Sterne
- Costumes for a Drama Series: Michelle Clapton and Rachael Webb-Crozier for “The Pointy End”
- Hairstyling in a Single-Camera Series: Kevin Alexander and Candice Banks for “A Golden Crown”
- Main Title Design: Angus Wall, Robert Feng, Kirk H. Shintani, and Hameed Shaukat
- Non-prosthetic Makeup in a Single-Camera Series: Paul Engelen and Melissa Lackersteen for “Winter is Coming”
- Prosethtic Makeup in a Series: Paul Engelen and Conor O’Sullivan for “A Golden Crown”
- Sound Editing for a Series: Stefan Hendrix, Tim Hands, Michelle McCormack, Steve Fanagan, Andy Kennedy, Jon Stevenson, Robin Whittaker, Caoimhe Doyle, and Eoghan McDonnell
- Special Visual effects for a Series: Adam McInnes, Angela Barson, Lucy Ainsworth-Taylor, Raf Morant, Henry Badgett, Damien Mace, Stuart Brisdon, and Graham Hills
- Stunt Coordination: Paul Jennings
We admit some perplexity at the failure of Ramin Djawadi’s stunning main theme to score a nomination, especially the way it’s captured the imagination of fans across the world, with covers going viral. And Gemma Jackson not acknowledged for her art direction? A great shame, but there’s always next season!