Game of Thrones is a site for the HBO-series based on George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire.
New to the series? Read our spoiler-free review of A Game of Thrones.
HBO’s just sent out a release noting that today, the season 4 boxed set of Game of Thrones can now be pre-ordered (US Bluray, US DVD, UK Bluray, UK DVD). Here’s the full release concerning the contents, and the differences between the DVD and Bluray editions:
The global cultural phenomenon Game of Thrones returns for its fourth season on Blu-ray and DVD from HBO Home Entertainment on 16th February 2015 and is loaded with exclusive bonus content, including extensive guides and illustrated histories.
This hit HBO series has broken ratings records and topped The Sopranos℠ to become the most popular show in the network’s history. Season four continues this winning streak with 19 Emmy® Awards nominations including Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series (Peter Dinklage) and Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series (Lena Headey).
Each year, Game of Thrones continues to be one of the best-selling TV programmes available on Blu-ray and DVD, and Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season is packed with even more exclusive bonus content including roundtable discussions, on-set interviews, audio commentaries, and brand new animated histories giving fans hours of extensive, never-before-seen material.
In Season 4, while the Lannisters’ hold on the Iron Throne remains intact, new and ongoing threats from the south, north and east threaten to tip the scales. As Stannis Baratheon and Daenerys Targaryen continue to grow their respective armies, the arrival of the Lannister-loathing “Red Viper of Dorne” poses a more immediate danger. In the north, the depleted Night’s Watch seems overmatched against the advances of Mance Rayder’s army of wildlings, which in turn is being trailed by an even more formidable foe: the undead White Walkers.
Based on George R.R. Martin’s best-selling book series A Song of Ice and Fire, the fourth season of Game of Thrones features a wealth of new cast members that join award-winning regulars including Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey and Charles Dance. New characters include: Oberyn Martell (Pedro Pascal), Ellaria Sand (Indira Varma), Lord Mace Tyrell (Roger Ashton-Griffiths), and Ser Gregor Clegane, a.k.a. “The Mountain” (Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson).
With themes of betrayal, dishonour, power and weakness, Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season is a compelling and captivating journey through the magical kingdoms of Westeros and a must own for all fantasy and HBO lovers. For the uninitiated, the Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-4 is your chance to catch this epic tale from the very beginning, best viewed in Blu-ray quality for a truly immersive viewing experience.
Blu-ray – includes all DVD features plus:
· In-Episode Guide – In-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations and relevant histories.
· Histories & Lore – Learn about the mythology of Westeros as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves.
· Behind the Battle for the Wall – Follow the cast and crew as they create the most ambitious battle to date. This 30-minute documentary explores the challenges of putting together one of the series’ most intense episodes, with never-before-seen material.
· The Fallen: A Roundtable – Writer Bryan Cogman sits down with a few of the many cast members who meet their demise in Season 4. From first learning of their deaths to shooting their final scenes, this 30-minute feature will shed light on what it’s like to live—and die—in the Game of Thrones world.
· The Politics of Power: A Look Back at Season 3 – Revisit the brutal events of Season 3 to see power shifts that define Westeros at the start of Season 4.
· Bastards of Westeros – Hear showrunners David Benioff & D.B. Weiss and author George R.R. Martin discuss the role bastards play in the Seven Kingdoms.
· Deleted/Extended Scenes – Two deleted scenes.
· Audio Commentaries – Commentaries with cast and crew including showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, A Song of Ice and Fire author George R.R. Martin, Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams, Pedro Pascal, Aiden Gillen and more!
Season 4 will be released on February 16th in the UK, February 17th in the US. In the UK, a complete set of all four seasons is also being released (Pre-order: UK DVD) at the same time.
The Westeros network consists of several different sites, including a forum and a wiki, for all your A Song of Ice and Fire needs.