The Creative Arts Emmys always seemed the place where Game of Thrones was going to leave its mark. Last year, though, Boardwalk Empire was the juggernaut, winning seven total awards. But this year? Game of Thrones all the way, as the award took six of the nine nominated categories (not the most nominated show—far from it, in fact—but that 66% win rate was impressive!) to be the winningest show this year.
Here’s the list of winners:
- Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction for a Single-Camera Series, in a tie with sister show Boardwalk Empire! Gemma Jackson, Frank Walsh, and Tina Jones take that one home for “Garden of Bones”
- Outstanding Costumes for a Series to Michelle Clapton, Alexander Fordham, and Chloe Aubry for “The Prince of Winterfell”
- Outstanding Achievement in Makeup for a Single-Camera Series (Non-Prosthetic) to Paul Engelen and Melissa Lackersteen for “The Old Gods and the New”
- Oustanding Visual Effects to Pixomondo’s VFX team—Rainer Gombos, Juri Stanossek, Sven Martin, Steve Kullback, Jan Fielder, Chris Stenner, Tobias Mannewitz, Thilo Ewers, Adam Chzen for “Valar Morghulis”.
- Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama (One Hour) to Matthew Waters, Onnalee Blank, Ronan Hill, and Mervyn Moore for “Blackwater”
- Outstanding Sound Editing for a Series to Peter Brown, Kira Roessler, Tim Hands, Paul Aulicino, Stephen P. Robinson, Vanessa Lapato, Brett Voss, James Moriana, Jeffrey Wilhoit, and David Klotz for “Blackwater.
Awards the production missed out on were Hairstyling, Prosthetic Makeup and Casting (the second time Nina Gold and Robert Sterne have been nominated, too). HBO also missed out on the Interactive Media award for its “enchanced” experience on HBO Go.
Congratulations to all the winners, and the crew that make all those wins possible!
Posted at 04:29 CET by Elio
Cast and Crew